December 2016 Income/Expenses

December 2016 Income/Expenses

Happy new year! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and didn’t go too crazy on the credit cards for some present extravagance. I had a terrible cold for most of December which resulted in alot of days spent off work ill so as to not infect the whole office. On the plus side this gave me ample time to hit all the Christmas casino offers being thrown around. On the expenses front it was a very expensive month as I had to buy a new motorbike following the eventual death of my trusty Chinese 125 commuter bike. We also paid off a large chunk of the honeymoon which went beyond the usual wedding savings budget.

From Matched Betting I made £4,050.67 in December. What an unbelievable month for Matched Betting profit! It seems when I have a good first few days of a month.. things compound and the profit rises like a wave. A few early casino wins in the month meant that I felt happier risking more on casino offers later in the month which all helped to hit my best ever Matched Betting profit. As always, I’ve written a more detailed list of some of the most profitable offers over at the MatchedBettingGuy Blog.

Amazon were again generous despite 0 effort on my part. They felt the need to send me £137.38 in December which I was more than happy to accept!

I’ve also started building up an affiliate income stream from the Matched Betting guide sites I recommend. I personally use a couple of guide sites and truly believe they are well worth the investment. Affiliate income paid at the end of December was £171.64.

On to the report:

Income

Salary: £2,284.98

Pension Contributions: £600

Matched Betting: £4,050.67

Kindle Publishing: £137.38

Affiliates: £171.64

Total: £7,244.67 (+41%)

 

Expenses

Mortgage/Bills: £967.50

Groceries: £137.74

Petrol (Gas):  £30.69

Maintainance/DIY: £0

Eating out: £113.40

Healthcare: £6.59

Entertainment: £116.50

Wedding: £1446.12

Business: £332.18

Other: £2994.96

Total: £6,145.68 (+164%)

A savings difference of £1,098.99 which is 15%.

Networth

House Equity:  £38,400

Cash in bank: £23,231.72

Cash in betting accounts: £13,861.62

ISA Investments: £11,735.17

Pension 1: £18,214.99

Pension 2: £10,927.12

Pension 3: £3,062.47

Total Networth: £119,433 (+3.1%)

Holy crap that was an expensive month. Who knew weddings and new motorbikes would cost so much?! Yet despite both of these, and thanks entirely to the side-hustles.. I still managed to save over £1000 AND saw a £3.5k net worth increase.

Here’s to 2017!

6 thoughts on “December 2016 Income/Expenses

  1. Hi Guy,

    Really impressive numbers for someone in their 20s. We have similar net worth and I just turned 27 today but probably not for long as your income is absolutely incredible.

    Would like to know how you split your savings – do you prefer pensions for their tax benefits or ISAs for the autonomy. And if so, do you hold your savings in cash, active or passive investments etc?

    Rory

    • Hello Rory,

      My company offers salary sacrifice for their pension scheme so I chuck 16% in there which they add 4% in to total 20%. ISA is currently £400 per month set to direct debit auto-invest in a Vanguard Lifestrategy passive ‘fund of funds’. Anything leftover was originally going to mortgage over-payments but I’ve stopped those for the past 12 months to instead save into a Wedding fund & boost cash reserves. Once the wedding is fully paid for, I’ll start hitting the mortgage overpayments again hard. Hoping to be mortgage free in by mid 30s.

  2. Happy new year!

    Is matched betting something that could end/dry up at any point? With making 2x your salary it seems almost “too good to be true”.

    • Happy new year to you too!

      It could well dry up, however they’ve been saying that it will do for years. That’s why I’ve not quit the day job, and also why I’m hitting it as hard as possible while it’s still around!

  3. Impressive numbers there. I’m a new follower of your blog and am looking at passive ways to earn but I’m interested in how many hours you have to put into matched betting to get a profit £4K like this month? The money looks great but I’m conscious of my time being scarce at the moment due to just being blessed with a child.

    • Thanks Del. I probably spend on average about an hour or two each evening and then 6 – 8 hours on weekends. It’s certainly not a get rich quick scheme.. more like a very well paid and tax-free 2nd job.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *